3/28/2020 Please Note:
Due to the current Stay at Home —Work Safe Order issued for the city of Austin and effective through April 13, 2020, all in-person Welcome to Davis events are canceled until further notice.
We are working on virtual options in the meantime and will email more details after April 6th.
Rest assured we will be setting up additional play dates as we near the start of the new 2020–2021 school year, especially with the fabulous turnout thus far!
We hope you all stay safe and healthy until we are able to meet up again.
-Welcome to Davis Committee
Kindergarten Class of 2020-2021
Kindergarten Class of 2020-2021
To help ease the transition for incoming kindergarten students (and their families!), we invite you to be a part of the Welcome to Davis Club! There will be fun and engaging events and opportunities for students to meet future classmates, and for parents and guardians to meet future and current Davis parents. Families of new students in other grades are more than welcome as well, just know that the events are designed with Kindergarteners in mind.
Step 1: Sign Up to Receive Latest News
Sign up today to receive email notices about the latest activities for incoming kindergartners and their families.
Step 2: Bookmark this Page
Check back here anytime for information on all Welcome to Davis events, Kinder Camp, school supplies, etc.
Step 3: On Social Media? Follow Us!
Welcome to Davis
Check out the 2020 Welcome to Davis Club events!
- Playdate at the Davis Playground – Sunday, Feb 23rd, 2-4pm
- Join other incoming Davis families at the Davis Playground. Incoming Kindergartners can meet new friends while you mingle with current and future Davis parents.
- Brunch in the Cafeteria – Wednesday, March 4th, 10:00-10:30am
- Join us in the Davis Cafeteria for a delicious taste of what it’s like to dine as a student at Davis Elementary!
- Bring your own snack or purchase a meal from the cafeteria ($3.85 adults, $3.00 children).
- A Visit with the Art, Music, and PE Teachers – Wednesday, March 25th 10:20am to 11:30am
- We will meet in the lobby around 10:20. The tour will start at 10:30 and you will have a chance to meet our Art, Music, and PE teachers and check out what it’s like to be in one of these classes at Davis Elementary!
- Playdate at the Davis Playground #2 – Saturday, March 28th, 10am-12pm
- A second chance to mingle with other soon-to-be Kindergarten students and their parents at the Davis playground!
- Kinder Round Up – Tuesday, April 14th, 8-10am
- An opportunity to register, or just turn in paperwork if you’ve already registered online, and several tours of our lovely campus. Note: you do not need to attend Kinder Round Up to register or turn in paperwork.
- A Visit to the Science Lab – Monday, April 20th, 11:30am-12:30pm
- Come and check out our very impressive Science Lab! After the Science Lab tour, bring a snack and join other incoming Davis families for a courtyard hangout.
- Ice Cream Social (Meet the Teacher) – Thursday, August 13th, 4-6pm
- A very exciting day where Davis families meet their teacher, see their classroom, and more! Pre-ordered school supplies can be found in the classroom and if you did not pre-order through the school, this is a great time to drop off the school supplies you purchased.
- Splash into Davis Pool Party – Saturday, August 15th Balcones Woods Pool, 10am-12pm
- 11204 Alhambra Drive
- Bring your swimsuit and say goodbye to summer while meeting new kinder friends.
- Boo-Hoo / Ya-Hoo Breakfast – Tuesday, August 18th, 7:45-8:15am
- On the first day of school, newly minted kindergarten parents will meet in the cafeteria after drop-off to cry/cheer a (hopefully) successful first day drop-off!
We encourage you to also subscribe to our weekly newsletter, Dolphin Digest, to learn about other events, news and opportunities at Davis!
We decide each spring if we will hold Kinder Camp that summer, although we have had it the last six years! Here are some details from last year’s Kinder Camp:
- Who: All incoming Davis Kindergarten students
- What: Jump into kindergarten exploring and discovering a fun-filled week of learning activities, play centers, music, dancing, outdoor play, story time, and much, much, more! Meet new kinder Dolphin friends, too! Get a head start on kindergarten and let the adventures begin!
- When: August 5-9, 2019; 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Where: Davis kindergarten classrooms
- Cost: TBD
Online ordering to open in late Spring
Spirit Gear Preorders
Open in late Spring
- Welcome to Davis Club | Brunch | Wednesday, March 4th
Join us in the Davis Cafeteria from 10:00am-10:30 on Wednesday, March 4th for a delicious taste of what it’s like to dine as a student at Davis Elementary! Yum! Please arrive a few minutes early. Bring your own snack or purchase a meal from the cafeteria ($3.85 adults, $3.00 children).
- Welcome to Davis Club Playdate | Feb 23 2-4pm
Join other incoming Davis families at the Davis playground on Sunday, February 23, 2020. Incoming Kindergarteners can meet new friends while you mingle with current and future Davis parents.
If it’s just drizzling off and on, bring the kids’ raincoats and a soccer ball so they can avoid the slippery equipment. If it’s raining hard, we’ll have to postpone.
This event is part of a series of Welcome to Davis Club events. Click here for more info.
- Next Prospective Parent Info Session & Tour | February 11, 2020
Are you looking at school options and would like to learn more about Davis?
Join us at one of our Prospective Parent Info Session & Tours!
- Tuesday, October 22, 2019 6-7pm in the Davis Music Room
Tuesday, February 4, 2020 6-7pm in the Davis Music RoomCHANGED TO FEB 11th
- Tuesday, February 11, 2020 6-7pm in the Davis Music Room
Come learn what makes Davis a great choice!