So how do you get involved?
- Sign up to volunteer on the Toolkit.
- Sign up to receive emails from your class’ room parent(s). Sign up during Back to School nights, contact your room parents(s) directly, or give your contact info to your teacher and request that s/he to pass it to the room parent(s) to be added to the email list.
- Watch the weekly Dolphin Digest email for volunteer requests. These requests will be the most current needs at the school.
- Attend the Back to School Nights and sign up to help a committee.
- Talk to any of the PTA Board members or Committee Chairs.
- “Direct contact volunteers” must submit background checks in accordance with Texas law. Please see below for more information and to learn how through APIE. We recommend doing this as soon as possible.
APIE’s Background Check for Direct Contact Volunteers
Thank you so much for working with our students! We really appreciate your time. The safety of our students is important to us and Davis requires all direct contact volunteers submit their information for a background check through Austin Partners in Education (APIE). Direct contact volunteers are those that work 1-on-1 with students, chaperone and drive students on field trips. Background checks must be renewed yearly.
- To have a background check run, go to Austin Partners in Education
- Select the School-Based Volunteers link, select Davis Elementary School
- Follow the instructions on the screen (no donation required)