Davis Elementary is proud of its tradition of having many volunteers to help out in so many areas of our school. Davis PTA wants to include you on our team. There are volunteer opportunities during the school day, after school, and at home for moms, dads, grandparents, and any other interested family members. The PTA encourages every Davis parent to get involved with our wonderful school! So how do you get involved?
- Take a look at the List of Volunteer Opportunities to see which committees and/or areas at Davis might work best for you.
- Sign up to receive emails from your class’s room parent(s) during Back to School nights. Your room parent(s) will contact you during the year with requests for volunteers and donations. Not sure who are your class’s room parents or missed BtS Night? Give your contact info to your teacher and ask her to pass it to the room parents.
- Watch the weekly Dolphin Digest email for volunteer requests. These requests will be the most current needs at the school.
- Attend the Back to School Nights and sign up to help a committee.
- Or talk to any of the PTA Board members or Committee Chairs.
APIE’s Background Check for Direct Contact Volunteers
Thank you so much for working with our students! We really appreciate your time. So that we follow the new Texas laws for volunteering to work with students, Davis asks that all direct contact volunteers submit their information for a background check through Austin Partners in Education (APIE). Direct contact volunteers are those that work 1-on-1 with students, chaperone and drive students on field trips.
- To have a background check run, go to Austin Partners in Education
- Select the School-Based Volunteers link
- Follow the instructions on the screen