Davis teachers have prepared at-home learning materials for each and every child.
Please pick up your materials on Wednesday, September 2nd at our contactless, drive-through event. This will also be an opportunity for parents and students to see Davis staff and say hello from afar. We are so excited to see our Davis Dolphins and want everyone to share in this excitement!
Families are encouraged to show your school spirit when you drive through to pick up the home learning materials. All are welcome to make a sign, draw a picture to display, decorate your car, wear your Davis swag, and show your Davis spirit. We can’t wait to see and celebrate the Parade of Dolphins as we prepare for starting the year!
Each grade level has an assigned drive through pick-up location, as noted below.
- PK, K, 1st: Front Drive (access from Duval Road)
- 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th: East Drive (access from Bull Run)
Pickup is scheduled for the following times according to first letter of last name:
- 7:30-8:45am: Last name beginning with A-M
- 8:45-10:00am: Last name beginning with N-Z
Procedures for Pick-up of Home Learning Materials.
- All pick-up will take place outside on the east drive or front lot.
- Place a paper with your child’s first name, last name, teacher last name, and grade level on the passenger side window of your car so it is visible to school staff.
- Follow signs to reach your grade level and teacher destination.
- Stay in the car at all times- No getting out of cars for any reason.
- Wear a mask.
- Stop at the designated location corresponding to your child’s grade level and teacher.
- Once stopped, open the trunk/window of your car from inside your car. School staff will place home learning materials in the trunk/car.
- Smile and wave to the teachers and staff!
- Proceed through the drive and exit.
- If you have class library books or school library books to return- There will be a large, labeled bin where parents may drop off library books. Parents may roll down their window and drop books in it without leaving their car.
- If you pre-ordered school supplies, these will be available for pick-up.
- If you ordered Davis Spirit Gear (at least two days prior to pick-up day), it will be there for pick-up.
- If you ordered a 2019-2020 yearbook and have not yet picked it up, you will be able to pick it up.
- If you did not pick up your child’s belongings in May (from last school year), these will be available for pick-up.
- Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms must not come to Davis to pick up home learning materials or any other items.
Any families not able to pick up materials on 9/2 may pickup items on Thursday-Friday, September 3-4, between 8am-12pm each day.