Everyone is welcome! These meetings are a great time to learn what’s happening at Davis from the PTA, Principal, and Teacher Liaison. You do not have to be a member of the Davis PTA to attend and we do our best to keep the meetings short. See you there!
2016-2017 Meeting Dates
- Coming Soon!
Bylaws and Standing Rules for the Will Davis Elementary PTA
Our Bylaws have been updated, effective April 20, 2017, with a change to our local dues amount as approved at our November 2016 PTA meeting
Our Standing Rules were updated at the March 2015 Davis PTA General Meeting, and approved by Texas PTA effective September 1, 2015. Subsequently, Texas PTA cleaned up some formatting errors and re-approved our Standing Rules effective November 18, 2015.
Goals of the Will Davis Elementary PTA
- Provide support for cultural and educational programs at school.
- Promote social activities that heighten school spirit, encourage family togetherness, and promote safety within our community.
- Encourage and organize volunteer support for teachers and administration.
- Increase interest, involvement, and understanding of our local PTA business.
- Foster and enhance communication between parents and faculty.
Will Davis PTA is a member in good standing of both the Texas and National PTA. When you join the Davis PTA, you also join the Texas and National PTA. Click here to see your Texas PTA in action for our students in their “Under the Dome” site.
Texas PTA Information
Texas PTA is committed to helping every child reach his or her potential. Texas PTA offers parent education, programs for the health and well-being of children, programs designed to inspire creativity in the arts and environment, continuing education opportunities for teachers and administrators, and support for individual Local PTAs through training, resources, guidance, programs, materials, answers on managing a small non-profit association, and ideas for success. Learn more about how you can join the largest child advocacy association in the nation. Over 500,000 parents, educators, students and community members join hands across Texas.
We care about children.
We care about education.
We care about parents.
Join us today.
PTA Vision: Making every child’s potential a reality.
PTA Mission: To make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
- Collaboration: We work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to accomplish our agreed-upon goals.
- Commitment: We are dedicated to promoting children’s health, well-being, and educational success through strong parent, family, and community involvement.
- Diversity: We acknowledge the potential of everyone without regard, including but not limited to: age, culture, economic status, educational background, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, legal status, marital status, mental ability, national origin, organizational position, parental status, physical ability, political philosophy, race, religion, sexual orientation, and work experience.
- Respect: We value our colleagues and ourselves. We expect the same high quality of effort and thought from ourselves as we do from others.
- Accountability: All members, employees, volunteers, and partners have a shared responsibility to align their efforts toward the achievement of our association’s strategic initiatives.