The No Hassle Fundraiser is a PTA-led campaign that strives to bridge the financial gap between an adequate education as defined by the State of Texas and the excellent education we want for our children.
- As a contributor to the No Hassle Fundraiser, you help support our school’s unique teaching goals, our S.T.E.M. (science, technology, engineering, mathmatics) programs, make an impact on our classrooms and add to the vitality of each child’s education
- All donations are invested in the Davis Science and Technology Labs and Coaches, which are not funded by the state
- 100% of your contribution stays at Davis Elementary
- Your donation is 100% TAX DEDUCTIBLE!
- You don’t want to sell wrapping paper, candy bars, or magazines
- It’s an easy way to ask grandparents and neighbors to invest in our school without having to buy anything!
Many employers will match your donations – doubling your money for our school!
- Click on your employer to learn more – IBM, Dell, 3M, AMD, National Instruments, Aetna, Gap Corp., GE, Microsoft, ExxonMobil, CarMax
- Complete alphabetized list – Please contact us if your employer is not listed!
- The Tax Id# for Davis PTA is 74-2633169-4.
How can I contribute?
- Donate online, at the Davis Store
- Donate by check, please print this form and return it to the office with your donation.
Please contact our No Hassle Fundraiser Steering Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
About our labs:
The Science Lab, which is one of only a few of its kind among elementary schools in the district, is a specialized classroom where students enjoy hands-on science explorations and experiments that range from physics to botany to marine biology. Science comes to life for children in this type of environment. However, the Austin ISD considers our Science Lab to be an “extra” educational service. This means that none of the school tax dollars you pay are allocated to our Science Lab. The lab’s operation, therefore, relies on donations from Davis parents and supporters.
The Computer Lab, meanwhile, is the centerpiece of your child’s technology instruction at Davis. Each week, the Lab’s classrooms serve virtually all of our students as they learn lessons that range from software navigation to keyboarding. Although the school district pays for computers and computer networks at elementary schools, it does not pay for on-campus technology specialists who can support and maintain the equipment, assist teachers with lessons or troubleshoot hardware/software on the spot when problems arise. Davis supporters believe this is wrong.
Why are our labs so important to us?
For the last 10 years, Davis students have earned TEA’s Distinction designation for science! Dedicated labs give our students the hands-on experiences they need to experiment and learn. Our students visit each of the labs regularly and often. Although we are a North Austin school, nearly 30% of our students are economically disadvantaged. Visiting these labs on a regular basis ensure that all our students understand technology and science concepts.
The Science Lab, one of only a few in the district, is a specialized classroom where students enjoy hands-on science explorations and experiments that range from physics to botany to marine biology. Science comes to life for children in this type of environment. No tax dollars you pay are allocated to our Science Lab. The lab’s operation relies on donations.
The Computer Lab is the centerpiece of technology instruction at Davis. Each week, the labs serve virtually all of our students as they learn lessons that range from software navigation to typing. AISD pays for computers and networks at elementary schools. It does not pay for our on-campus technology specialist who runs the Davis labs and teaches students how to use the computers.