We will be cancelling the Davis Alumni Scholarship this year. Unfortunately we don’t have any way of checking our mail for scholarship applications. Part of the application process is not possible with our social distancing. For all these reasons a few more we are pulling the application this year. Thank you for your understanding. I hope you and your families are doing well.
Davis Alumni Scholarship
The Will Davis Elementary (Davis) Alumni Scholarship has been established to recognize former students who have excelled in their academic endeavors, supported their community through various service projects and/or participated in extra-curricular activities, and proven they possess the drive to further their education. By granting this scholarship we encourage students to pursue their academic endeavors and hope to strengthen relationships between Davis & its alumni.
Will Davis Elementary shall offer one (1) $500.00 scholarship
The mandatory requirements for scholarship are as follows:
- Attends and will graduate from a high school within the Austin Independent School District.
- Former Will Davis Elementary student with at least three years of attendance at Davis.
- Graduating high school Senior, who will continue their education, via Vocational School, Junior College or 4-year University.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.50 or better at time of application completion.
- Demonstrates involvement in extra-curricular activities and/or community service-based organizations.
- Submit a completed application package no later than the assigned deadline. MUST be submitted all together, at the same time, in the same envelope. NO EXCEPTIONS! Incomplete packages will be disqualified.
Scholarship will be awarded based on a combination of:
- Academic performance
- Participation in extra-curricular and/or community service-based organizations
- Completeness of essay
- Letters of recommendation
- If all application instructions were followed correctly
In order to be considered as a candidate, please complete the application form and submit all required documents in the same envelope, postmarked no later than May 8, 2020, as listed below, to:
Will Davis Elementary
Attention: Scholarship Committee
5214 Duval Road
Austin, Texas 78727
The scholarship recipient will be honored at the Davis 5th grade awards ceremony, date TBA. At that time, the recipient will be asked to say a few words to the Davis students.
Congratulations to our Past Recipients
2005/2006 – Scott Hunter Wancek
2006/2007 – Stephen Pulvirent, Amanda Mendiola
2007/2008 – Sara Beth Purdy, Sam Woelke
2008/2009 – Matthew Ervin, Sarah Mason
2009/2010 – Scott Pulvirent, Evan Brown
2010/2011 – Emily Mason, Blair Robbins
2011/2012 – Emily Malish, Emily Ullrich
2012/2013 – Nikita Prasad
2013/2014 – Neetika Bhargava
2014/2015 – Makayla Ponce
2015/2016 – Grace Schrobilgen
2016/2017 – Sameer Pusapaty
2017/2018 – Brianna Rondero
2018/2019 – Olivia Schmidt