Observe – Question – Investigate!
Calling all inquiring minds and budding scientists: The Davis Elementary Science Fair is the opportunity for you!
We encourage all young Einsteins to unleash their potential, creativity, and curiosity by participating in our annual Science Fair. This is a great opportunity for each Davis student to explore their passion, be it geology, music, sports, baking, computers, cat training, or something else entirely.
Projects may be completed individually or in a group of up to three students. The top 3rd through 5th grade projects will be selected to represent Davis at the Austin Energy Regional Science Festival.
Davis Science Fair
2017 Davis Science Fair Entry Forms
All project entries will need to be submitted with a Davis Science Fair 2017 Entry Form.
Entries from students in the third, fourth, or fifth grade also require an AERSF 2017 Elementary Project Research Form with their project submissions.
Please review the Parent/Student Information below to help make the science fair experience a successful one. We will not be able to accept project displays that contain food, liquids, or hazardous items.
Parents, if your student will have special needs for project judging, please email email@example.com so we can be prepared ahead of time to make accommodations. We would love for all students to participate in science fair!
The Kinder-1st Grade 2016 Science Fair Information Packet or the 3rd-5th Grade 2016 Science Fair Information Packet will contain all the documents you should need to participate in the Davis Science Fair, scanned into one PDF for ease of use. Please choose the appropriate information packet for your scientist’s year in school. Relevant documents from AERSF and Science Buddies are copied in their entirety.
The Suggested Experiment Timeline gives one framework that some have found helpful for managing their time when completing an experiment for the Science Fair. It was originally developed to match up with the dates and planned topics for the Science Fair Club.
Scroll down for Important Dates you won’t want to miss.
There are a many opportunities to help with science fair. In fact, without a lot of support from people like you, we couldn’t make this opportunity happen for our young scientists! In years past, we have been very fortunate to have volunteer judges from Davis’ Partners In Education and other members of the community, in addition to Davis families. Please read below, and then email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
Davis community, please consider volunteering as a judge at our school science fair, on Wednesday, January 25, 2017, from 8:00 to 10:45 AM in the Davis cafeteria.
Davis families, please consider volunteering in one or more of the following ways:
- Behind-the-scenes work, such as inventorying and ordering awards or recruiting judges.
- Assist during the week of the Davis Science Fair by:
- Checking in projects on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 from 7:05 to 8:15 AM.
- Being a judge or a “runner” on Wednesday, January 25, from 7:50 to 10:45 AM.
- Tallying scores and organizing awards after judging on Wednesday, January 25, during the school day.
- Setting up (5:30 to 6 PM) for our Awards and Exhibition night on Thursday, January 26.
- Judge or volunteer at the Austin Energy Regional Science Festival on Saturday, February 18, 2017.
- Wednesday, Nov 9, 2016. Parent Information Meeting – If you are new to the Davis Science Fair, please join us in the cafeteria after drop off at 7:45. Learn about the different types of projects, judging criteria and important due dates.
- Tuesday, Nov 15, 2016. Idea Party – Optional event to help scientists define a creative and specific idea for their science fair project. Scientists must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Davis Science Fair:
- Projects Due: Tuesday, January 24, 7:15-7:45 AM in the Foyer
- Project Judging: Wednesday, January 25, 8:00-10:30 AM in the Cafeteria
- Awards and Exhibition Night: Thursday, January 26, 6:00-7:30 PM in the Cafeteria
- Saturday, February 18, 2017. Austin Energy Regional Science Festival at the Palmer Events Center
- TBD. Davis Scientists’ Party – For all Davis Science Fair participants, RSVP required.
Austin Energy Regional Science Festival (AERSF)
The top 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade projects from the Davis Science Fair will advance to the Austin Energy Regional Science Festival.
All students and families are invited to attend the Exploring Science Day, Public Viewing of Projects, and Awards Ceremony.
Please visit the Austin Energy Regional Science Festival website for more information, and requirements for participation.
Science Fair Project Ideas and “How To”
- Science Buddies
- iPL2 for Kids
- Discovery Education – Science Fair Central
- Science Bob – Science Fair Ideas
Other Science Information
- Rader’s Chem 4 Kids
- Adventures in Chemistry
- AISD Libraries (Scroll down to Science and check out all the ‘Science Project’ links)
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Davis Science Fair Coordinators at the following email address: email@example.com.
Enlaces para información en español sobre Ciencia